CPRC believes that every individual in our region should have access to safe and affordable housing.
Our team collaborates with local governments, developers, and non-profits to preserve, improve, and construct high-quality and affordable housing. Our goal is to work alongside communities at various stages of their housing efforts to meet their specific needs.
We provide a range of services, including education, technical assistance, facilitation, research and data analysis, and fund administration. In addition, CPRC administers funding from the NC Housing Finance Agency for home repair in Durham, Chatham, Lee, Harnett, Orange, and Wake counties.
- Assist local governments with contracted projects, funding administration, and data requests.
- Support other TJCOG programs by providing data, research, and best practices around housing as it relates to their project needs.
- Support nonprofit partners and community groups in their advocacy and service provision as it relates to housing needs within their communities.
- Communicate information about the housing programs’ services and resources to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support a regional approach or initiative to housing affordability.
Common Assistance Requests
CPRC is available to provide technical assistance and expertise to address your local housing issues. Many challenges persist across the region. Our most common requests for technical work are:
- Housing Needs Assessments
- Policy Review & Development
- Opportunity Sites Analyses
- Affordable Housing Inventories
- Presentations & Discussion Facilitation
- Grant Writing
- Funding Administration